Here are some tips to consider when writing an argumentative essay.
- Choose an issue that interests you to write about.
- Gather information about all sides of the issue.
- Assemble and summarize the strongest arguments for each side of the issue. Be sure to assemble and summarize rebuttals to arguments as well.
- Choose which side of the issue you would like to argue for in your paper.
- Create an outline of your paper.
- Write a rough draft. Remember to cite your sources using the citation style indicated on the assignment sheet. Don't forget to include a Works Cited or Reference List at the end of the paper.
- Proofread and revise your rough draft. It's often helpful to have someone else read your draft to provide constructive critism.